The election of 2019 is just few weeks from now and before the 2019 election starts you should definitely check if your name is in the voter list or not. Having a voter ID card is not the only thing that you will need to cast your vote. Along with that card, your name should also be in the voter list.
Voting is an important part of democracy and India is a part of it. In 2019 election, near about 820 million voters would be eligible to use their voting rights. Here we will guide you to find out if your name is in the voter list or not.
As above mentioned that before the beginning of the election it’s better to check if your name is in the voter list or not and if you are the first time voter then your name is present in the voter list or not. It is really important to make sure that your name is listed in voter list. Let’s move further and dig some more information.
How To Check Online if My Name is on Voter List
To check your name online in the voter list you have to follow the given steps, read the steps carefully.
- Visit and login to the national Voter Service Portal (NVSP) Official page :- electoralsearch.in
In the given page you can search for your name on the voter list by two different ways.
- You can enter the Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC) Number which is also called as Voter ID card number (you can find the EPIC number mentioned in bold letters n the voter ID card, usually printed over your photo in the voter ID card.)
- You can also manually enter all your details like Name, Age, Father Name etc and get the details about your name listing on Voter List.
Now we will see both the methods in details first start with Epic number method.
How to Check if you have Epic Number on your Voter ID card
If you know the EPIC Number mentioned on your Voter ID Card (EPIC Number is the Voter ID card Number mentioned in BOLD letters above your Picture in Voter ID Card)
- First log on to the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP) official page :- electoralsearch.in and you have select Search by Epic no…
- Now enter your correct EPIC number, then select your state from the drop down menu and type the verification code you see in the image and then click on search.
- If your name is on electoral rolls (Voter List), than your name will appear just below search button and if does not appear that means your name may not be in the voter list.
How to Check, if you don’t have EPIC Number
If you don’t have your Voter ID or you don’t remember your card number then just follow the below given steps and find your name in electoral rolls (Voter List).
- Visit the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP) Official page and click on search by details.
- Now fill all the required details correctly which includes your name, Gender, Age, State, District, Assembly Constituency etc. After filling all the details enter the captcha image and click on search.
If your name is on the Voter List it will show there but if your name didn’t appear below the search button it means your name may not be in the voter list.
How to Check My name in Voter List 2019 by text message
You can simply send a text message from your smartphone to 1950. All you need to type a message <EIC>space<EPIC ID> and send it to 1950. As above mentioned that the EPIC ID is your 10 digit Voter ID card number which is usually located at the top of your photo on the card.
EXAMPLE : Type ECI BFSXXXXXXX and then send it to 1950