How to Factory Reset an Android Device
Everyone today is familiar with Factory reset, An ‘Android Factory Reset’ is a process which deleted or erases the data on any smartphone or tablet and restores it to mostly in the same condition as it was when you have purchased it. Whether you are going to give your device to your friend or selling it to get a better device.
There are a lot of confusion regarding android factory reset like is factory reset is save? Is factory reset can deleted the data in microSD card? Is factory reset can be done when phone is locked, how to reset android phone from computer and many more.
First let’s have a look on some of real life reason to perform factory reset.
- If you are going to give your handset to service center.
- To fix hanging or any other problems you are facing on your android handset.
- Selling your device to get a better one.
- Setting up of your second hand device which you have just bought.
- If you just forgotten your pattern or password of your device.
|♦ ♦ ♦ Trending Tech News on TechOnTrend ♦ ♦ ♦|
|Best 5 Parent Control Apps for Android|
|How to recover deleted photos from android|
|How to unlock android phone without loosing data.|
Reset Phone To Factory Settings
Doing an ‘android factory reset’ brings a lot of confusions in our mind that doing a factory reset which data will be deleted. Is our photos and contact information also gets deleted or is our SDcard get formatted! Is our contacts saved on SIM card memory also get erased. Read on and get all the information regarding these all.
- Factory Reset Deletes all the data stored in the internal memory of your devices including Contacts, messages, Apps, Apps data, Pictures and videos, other files.
- No any data will be deleted from SIM card.
- No any Data will be deleted from OTG Pendrive connected to your device.
- No any data from your SDcard. But you can also delete the data from SDcard by select a Option “erase everything from SD card” which will be given at the place of factory reset option. If you mark that option too then only data from your SDcard gets deleted or erased.
- All apps which yiu have installed from Google Play store will get uninstalled and all the data of those apps also get erased.
- All the data from internal storage of the device get erased.
Factory Reset Android Phone From Settings Menu
The most easiest way to do a factory reset your android Smartphone is through settings menu. That’s why here we are going to see it first. Difficulty in this method is there until you find backup and reset menu in your Smartphone settings menu. After that everything is simple and clear, you can easily do factory reset any android phone from settings menu. Let’s see step by step:
- Take a Backup of you data stored in you smartphone.
- Tap on Settings icon in your smartphone.
- Scroll down and tap on Backup & Reset option.
- Now just tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Tap on Reset Phone.
- Tap on Erase Everything.
After this your Smartphone will reboot and you will have to set it again as you have set at the first boot.
How To Reset Android Phone in Android recovery mode
If your Smartphone is running into some issues and you are just unable to boot it in a proper manner then this method will help you to figure you out from this problem. To reset android phone in Android recovery mode you just need to boot your Smartphone by pressing and holding the volume down key and power button to enter in android recovery mode. See how to perform factory reset in android device using android recovery mode.
- If your handset is on then power it off first.
- Now just hold down the power button and volume down button together.
- Instead of power on your Smartphone will show some option right there use volume up and down buttons to scroll and power button to select.
- Now highlight the recovery mode by pressing the volume down button. When it gets highlighted then press power button.
- Now in some Smartphone its chance that your phone will reloads and you should see a screen with a message “No command” with a distress android robot. Now press and hold the power button and then press volume up button once to load up the reboot menu.
- Now by using the volume keys highlight the Wipe data/factory reset and press the power button to select.
- Now highlight and select yes to confirm the reset.
- Now wait once it get done then you will automatically bounced back to the same recovery mode menu. Now just highlight and select reboot system now.
Now when you turn on your smartphone you will have to go through the initial setup process as you have gone when it was a brand new handset.
It’s easy to go for Factory reset on any android device. Here in this web section we have given you every possible tricks on “How to factory reset an Android Device”.