How to unlock android phone password without losing data
Hello Friend Did you ever forget your password or pattern of your android Smartphone or your kid has accidentally blocked or changed the password or pattern of your Smartphone. I know what your answer will be. Sometimes many of us change the password recently and we just forget what it was. When we unable to unlock our device then usually performing a factory reset is one option to get back your phone access. But from now you don’t have to factory reset to unlock your android handset, I found some tips on how to unlock android password without losing data.
Yes Factory Reset is very big deal for many of us but it’s the only last option to get access of your handset after you forget the password. After factory reset we loss every data of our smartphone which was stored on internal storage like contacts, images, apps, apps data, notes, messages. Yes we can reinstall those apps what we have installed before the factory reset but we can’t get the data which was there for the app. Here after a long work we have discovered some tips to unlock android phone, we will also talk about what is factory reset, how to unlock android phone without Google account and also we will see some tips on how we can unlock the android phone pattern lock without factory reset. So be tuned with us and take benefit from our work.
What is Android factory reset ?
Before moving forward lets understand what Factory Reset means and what it does. Factory Reset removes all the USER DATA like contacts, call logs, setting, pictures each and everything which is on internal storage and restores the device back to factory settings as it was out of the box.
One more thing I want to tell you because many of you usually be in confusion that some stuffs like SDcards or Pendrive get effected from the Factory reset. It didn’t effect this all. It only works on device storage. Some peoples uses custom ROM’s in their android smartphone. For those who uses custom ROM’s I want to tell you that if you have rooted your device and installed some custom ROM’s then if you do factory reset to your handset then it will only remove the Data and Cache partitions. It will not remove your installed custom ROM. After a factory rest you will still have that same custom ROM on the device.
How to unlock Android Phone with Google account
Everyone usually link their Android phone or tablet to their Google account to take benefits of many Google stuffs like Gmail, Google Play-Store etc. If you have a Google Account linked with your android device and you just forgotten your android device password or pattern then don’t be sad because here you are going to see some tips just read it carefully and learn how you can get access to your android device by using your Google account linked to it.
Get access by Using Forget Password/ Forget Pattern Link
If you usually enter wrong password/pattern many times back on back then after some wrong attempt you will get a “Forget Password” or “Forget pattern” depending on what you have set if you have set password then you will get forget password link and if you have set pattern then you get forget pattern link. You can then re access to your device via that link.
Let’s see how to do this:
- Type the wrong password or pattern back on back till you can’t get the forget link.
- Once you get the Forget Pattern or Forget Password Link then tap on it to go towards the account Unlock page.
- Now enter your Linked Gmail Account Details correctly to get re access to your android device.
One more thing is to be noted that sometimes in some devices it needs the Data service (internet) to be switched ON. So just scroll the upper menu and switch On the Data Network. But if you still can’t get access to your device in such case use the 2-step Google verification method to unlock your Android device.
How to Unlock Android Device with 2-step Verification Method
2-step verification just Add one more security layer to your Google account. It helps to recognize you each and every time you login to your account. Whenever you need to login every time after filling the ID and Password you need to give a unique code which will be received through text message or through voice call on the mobile number which is linked to your Google account.
To use 2-step verification method you have to enable it on your Google account. If you are using 2-step verification method then its good. But if you are not using that then you have to enable it first. For that you have to go Google account setting on your PC and just go to Sing-in & Security option you will find that, from their you can enable it.
After enabling 2-step verification on your Google account. When you enter your Gmail Id and Password in Forget Password/ Forget Pattern link you will have to enter the unique code which you get through message or voice call. Now you will get re-access to your device back.
How to unlock Android Phone without Google account
Did you forget your pattern/password lock and also forget the Gmail password of linked Gmail account? Don’t worry in this situation unlocking Android device is also not so tough. If you want to get re-access to your android device after you forgotten your pattern/password and you also have forgotten your Gmail password. Then you have to first get access to your Gmail account. First try to reset the Google password from the Google Account Recovery Page. Verify your identity and reset the password.
Once you reset the Google account Password which was linked to your android device and get access to your Gmail account. Then just follow the steps which is given in the above section of this web-section.
If still you can’t get back access to your device then below are the final stage recovery options.
How to unlock android phone pattern lock without factory reset
There are two ways to unlock your android device in Recovery Mode. First let’s talk about how you can unlock your android phone pattern lock or password lock without factory reset. For this need to root your android device if you rooted. Here first read every step carefully because you are not going to do this on phone setting you are going to work on Android System Setting.
- For this we have to first download a file manager app which is named as Aroma File Manager. You can find it on Google or just follow this link and download (https://code.google.com/archive/p/rom-cmexmini/downloads) and copy the file to SDcard of your Android Device.
- switch off your Android device and Boot it on Recovery Mode. It is simple to on recovery mode. When your device is switch off then you just need to press Power Key Volume-down key together and hold it for some sec your handset will open in recovery mode. This method may vary from handset to handset. So before doing this once check it on Google the procedure of booting your handset. Once recovery mode get On then you have to follow Volume Up and Down keys to navigate and home key or power key to select the option.
- Once Recovery mode On then Goto “Mounts and Storage” and go in this sequence:
mount/system>>Mount/data>>mount/efs>>mount/preload>>mount/sdcard>>mount/external_sd (if available it might not available external_sd card). After all section have been mounted just scroll down and go back.
- Now you have to install the file manager app Aroma. Now go to recovery mode and select the zip file and choose the install option. Aroma app will launch having access to all the mounted location. Go to “Data” and then “system” and look for a file named as “password. key” or “gesture. key”. if you have have a password or pin lock then password key option will be shown and if you have pattern lock then Gesture key will be their. Tap and hold that option and select delete and delete it.
After deleting the file you have to just restart your device. your device may ask the password or pattern so don’t be surprised because sometimes it will ask. You can give anything it will open.
How to do factory reset android phone
This is the last option to get back your device access. Many of you know may know that for doing factory reset you have to go to setting and then from there you have to do factory reset. But here I will guide you how you can do factory reset without unlocking your android device or with knowing your android device password or pattern lock. You have just follow these simple step.
- first remove all external devices from your Android device like microSD card, OTG Pendrive.
- Turn off your android device and switch it on in Recovery Mode as I have taught you in upper section that how you can enter in recovery mode by pressing power key and volume down key together and hold it for few sec to get your device on in recovery mode.
- After switching on the recovery mode just use cvolume up and down key to navigate and power/home key to selet “wipe data/factory reset” from the menu and then select yes. And wait for some minutes to get the process completed.
Once its over then switch on your android device and you will see that your device will ask you to setup for the first time.
This might be helpful for you to get out from your problems. If you have any problem regarding this or any query then don’t hesitate to contact with us. Follow us on Facbook, Twitter, Google+ from more tips on tech and be tunes with us